The 22nd, I pre-washed my backing fabric during the day...and realized it was too small once it shrunk. I just about cried in the fabric store when I couldn't find any more of it, but on my 3rd pass searching through the shelves, I found the last 2.5 yards in the store. My next problem was how to quilt it. Josh had a brilliant plan to quilt "Twilight Sparkle" in cursive over and over. I wish I'd had a week or two, because that would have looked awesome, but after doing it the first time, it became clear I wouldn't be able to finish that before Christmas. After breaking the pretty variegated purple thread I'd picked numerous times and wrestling with my machine and realizing it was already 10:30 at night, I just put plain white polyester thread in the machine and set out to stipple the whole thing. That kept me up until 3:30am.
The 23rd, I made my own binding (for the first time, it was surprisingly easy) and got it onto the quilt in about 2 hours total.
I think it came out pretty cool. And Sedona was so excited she pretty much completely freaked out: