Sunday, August 11, 2013

Modern, Level 1 History Lesson Plan

It's been a doozy of a week.  Some family health issues, my lower back locked up, a girl scout trip.  I've also been buried under books.  I wish I was joking, but there were times I was completely surrounded by books and completely overwhelmed.  Writing this year's history lesson plans kicked my rear.  Modern history is definitely harder to plan than any other time frame.  There was so much I wanted to include that I had to continually remind myself that this is the "get acquainted" level and every detail was not needed.  Sources were also more difficult.  I feel like the closer I got to modern day, the harder it was to weed through everything and find a somewhat unbiased source.

But, it's done now!  As with other years, it's also available for free to anyone who wants to use it.  I only request that if you share it with others, you share the link to this post rather than sharing it directly. 

This plan roughly covers 1850-present (there are a few pre-1850 events) for an upper elementary student.  Even if you are following another history curriculum, you may find resources and activities here you want to include.  There is much more internet usage in this one compared to previous years, so please be careful about internet safety! 
Link to free Level 1 Modern History plans

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...