Monday, August 19, 2013

Ancients, Level 1 History Lesson Plans

We're almost ready to start school for this year!  For the most part, I have been able to use the same materials with Sedona that I used with Sierra (with small changes here and there to accommodate her learning style).  However, when Sierra was in first grade, I really floundered with history at first.  It took me a while to learn how to make it more interesting and to become a more effective teacher.  So, I had no lesson plan in my files to follow for this year and needed to make up a new one.  Like the others, this is also on google docs for you to download for free and all I ask is that you link to this post when sharing rather than sharing the file directly.   We do follow a secular history curriculum, so some of you will want to read through the Usborne Prehistoric World book, in particular, ahead of time and choose alternate sources for some of the material.   Even if you have another history plan you're following, there are a lot of hands on history activities included that you may find useful.

Link to free ancient history level 1 lesson plans

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...