Sierra wanted to make a special treat for a slumber party she's having and I happened to have root beer extract in the pantry. It didn't take long to figure out we should make root beer float cupcakes. The best part is it wasn't even hard to do. Standard cake recipe, substituting root beer extract for vanilla extract.
2 1/4c flour
1 1/2c sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened and cut into chunks
2tsp root beer extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour pans
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Add butter, one chunk at a time and mix until it resembles sand
4. Mix eggs, milk and extract in a separate bowl.
5. Add about 2/3 of the liquid to the stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy
6. Slowly add remaining liquid and mix until combined
7. Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2c powdered sugar
1tsp root beer extract
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth. Adjust consistency with more powdered sugar or milk if necessary.