Saturday, December 8, 2012

O Christmas Tree

I have a confession to make....I don't like decorating the Christmas tree.  For the most part, I don't really care what it ends up looking like either.  Occasionally I see a fancied up tree and think, "ooh, that'd be nice", but when I remember all the work that goes into setting up those trees, I quickly lose interest.

Lucky for me, this mentality works out perfectly for kids.  I "let" them decorate the tree all on their own (aside from the lights) and then I leave it exactly how they did it.  They love it, less work for me, happiness all around!

Here are some pics from this year's decorating:



Why yes, all the kids are in summer clothes.  That's because it's still in the 80's around here.  I'm no fan of winter, but I still feel like we ought to have one.  It never really got cold last year and we paid for it with horrible bug infestations all spring and summer.  I'm a little concerned about what two non-winters in a row might bring.  We're expecting our first light freeze next week, maybe it will hang around for a while.

I tried to get a picture of the finished tree with the kids.  As you can see, Sierra is the only one capable of actually standing still.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...