Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kindergarten Science Lessons

I am (quite belatedly) putting together a full lesson plan for Kindergarten science.  Sedona has followed along with some things Sierra has done, and we had an impromptu lesson about prisms one day when she asked where the colors come from for a rainbow.  For the most part though, she has not started science yet. 

I am working on creating a full plan for her and planned to share it here when I was done, but seeing as how time keeps slipping away and it'd be nice to get it up at the beginning of the school year, I'm going to go ahead and make it available. 

Keep in mind, this is a work in progress.  I will definitely be adding to it, but everything up to the 5 senses is completed.  Past that, things may change (including the objectives).   You'll notice the column on the far right has notes on what Sierra will be doing in her science class.  This is for my own reference while I'm planning.  Where possible, I'm overlapping the two curricula to minimize the prep work I have to do before each lesson.  Sierra's studies on each topic are much more in depth than what Sedona needs for Kindergarten, so there are plenty of places where the final plan will not follow the notes on the right hand column.

I will update links here as I add more to the plan.  The top of the first page will state whether the copy is a draft or final and what date it was posted.   If you'd like to get started now, the lessons are completed through Thanksgiving, though!

Here's the link!

Enjoy!  These are free for your use for a single student or classroom.  They may not be sold, and I ask that you share the link to this post if you want to share them with a friend.  

2 comments:

drew said...

This would be a good material for my homeschool kindergarten. Looking forward to your updates!
gold coast montessori

Phoebe said...

Thanks for sharing! I was actually looking for some resources for Science.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...