Friday, June 1, 2012

101 in 1001 Update

My 101 in 1001 goals have fallen by the wayside here on the blog, but I haven't forgotten about them in real life!  They stay in the back of my mind and I have been working on them.  There are so many small updates to make, I decided one longer blog post is the easiest way to do it, so here we go:


4. Get a massage at least one hour long: I completed this one a whole year ago, when I was having the gallbladder trouble and got so tense I pulled a rib out.  Sure wish I could afford one every week, but I'd rather use that money for other things right now.


6. Be in bed with the lights off by 12am every night for one month: This is another one I completed about a year ago.  You would think it wouldn't be that difficult, but I am a hopeless night owl and it's not unusual for me to be unable to fall asleep at a decent hour.


7. Avoid all carbonated drinks for 26 weeks: Again, a year ago!  I did this when all the gallbladder trouble was going on.  It didn't help and I NEVER lost the craving for them.  Recently, I have gone off caffeine again (though I still drink sprite) and I don't crave it now, aside from wishing McAlisters sold a decaf sweet tea.


9. Get my eyes checked and get new glasses: I FINALLY ordered new glasses to go along with the new prescription I got last summer.  I ordered from zenni optical again and I'm still happy with them (been using them for several years).  We don't have vision insurance and contacts for my prescription are ridiculously expensive and out of our budget.  Because of the lenses I need, glasses are normally hundreds of dollars, but I can get them from zenni for about $50 or $60, depending on the frames I pick.  I really like that I can afford to get 2 or 3 different styles.  Now I can change out glasses when I want to and I always have a back up pair on hand.


54. Have "the talk" with Sierra: the details obviously aren't public fodder here, but done.


77. Participate on Book Crossing: I registered 3 different books and released them "into the wild".  Our library has a shelf with books that have either been removed from circulation or donated and are free to take.  I left the books there and they have been taken, but no one has logged the books on book crossing.  Kind of disappointing, but maybe they'll show up one day.


89. Buy good silverware: I originally added this goal because when we moved to Montana, we managed to accidentally leave all of our silverware behind.  We bought really cheap stuff because the prices on silverware shocked me.  I hated the set we bought.  When we moved back though, we were pleasantly surprised to find our renters had held on to our silverware for us and we were also gifted a set of good quality silverware.  We probably have enough for about 30 place settings these days.


100. Get 3,000 blog hits in one month: This has actually happen several times.  Partly because my traffic has steadily increased since I originally wrote this list and partly because it turns out stat counter doesn't count up hits quite the way I thought it did. 

I've completed 27 of my goals and I'm almost half-way through the time frame.  There are several multi-step goals that are in progress, but there are also others that just aren't going to happen.  Maybe I need to add a goal to complete over 80% of the goals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...