Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year, New Space

Have you noticed things have changed around here? It doesn't look like much, but for someone with extremely limited website design experience, it took many hours of staring at lines of code I barely understood and a lot of trial and error to get it looking the way I want it to.

Let's take a quick tour.

My most recent post will still show up on the home page, you just need to scroll down a bit to find it when you come visit.

If you follow along here because you're interested in a certain topic, you can easily keep track by clicking those tabs at the top of the page. So those of you that are interested in homeschooling, but don't really care about gardening don't have to wade through everything to find what's interesting to you. All of the topics are pretty self explanatory. "Life" is whatever doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Eventually I will finish prettying up the place and will also add a list on the home page linking to the latest post in each topic so it's easy to see where there is new material without clicking through everything.

You can also "like" my FaceBook page, where I update whenever there's a new post.

The links to my 101 in 1001 list and disclosure statement has moved over there on the left hand side. The "About Me" button is coming back, just as soon as I make a new button to match the others. The travel map will only show up on the first page of the travel posts now. Hopefully that will help some of you out, as I recently discovered the map was making browsing from some mobile devices a pain.

Aside from organizing everything, I'm also hoping this new layout helps me post more often in each topic. It will be easier for me to see if I've gone a long time without a post in a certain group and I'll be more driven to add to the topic.

Hope you like it! If you find any broken links or buttons that don't work, let me know!

1 comment:

One Acre Homestead said...

It looks great! I know I will love being able to go back and search for posts on cooking and food preservation a bit easier!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...