Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bugs Bugs Bugs!!


I'm not sure why, but I've never been very interested in photographing people (aside from family members for memory's sake). Bugs though, I find good macro pics of bugs absolutely fascinating. It's almost like outer space, but right here under our noses. There is this entire world we walk by every day and never take the time to notice. A quality macro photograph of a bug shows so much detail that most people never even think about. These pictures are what always got me interested in biology text books, and I was the nerd that stayed up late reading extra chapters because I thought the biology book was a real page turner (I wish I was joking). I hope to one day have the skill to take these pictures myself.

I'm not there yet. Not even close. But I'm taking the first few steps since Josh gifted me with a 50mm macro lens for Christmas. I've been reading up on how to take macro pics (and making a wish list of more gear I'd like to have when I save up the money), and playing around in the garden.

Just thought I's share some pictures I snapped the other day. They aren't very technically advanced, but they're still pretty neat to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...