Friday, December 30, 2011

Year End Round-Up

Another year is drawing to a close and just like last year, that means it's time for a quick look back at what we've been up to!

In January, I shared our activities for studying Level 1 Ancient Egypt

In February, I figured out and posted about getting baby eczema under control. I also shared our activities for Level 1 Ancient Greece. Then I posted the ugly truth about hyperemesis gravidarum.

In March, I finally manged to catch some baby giggles on video

In April, we took a trip down to Moab, UT and I shared a hard earned lesson on pediatric dentistry and the contagiousness of cavities

In May, I compiled my friends' and my reviews of the individual recipes in Fix, Freeze, Feast and I shared activity ideas for Level 1 Ancient Rome.

In June, I set up a map of our road trips that lets you click on a marker and bring up a list of blog posts I wrote about that location, so you can find the ones interesting to you. I also announced we were moving back to Texas.

In July, Sedona gained another year and I lost a gallbladder.

In August, we moved back to Texas with stops at Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Jewel Cave, and The Mammoth Site along the way.

In September, we went to Disney World!! (there's actually an 8 post series on that, but I'm only linking to the first one)

In October, Sierra turned seven.

In November, Secora had her first birthday and we had a really great time visiting a fabulous children's museum.

In December, we had to say goodbye to sweet Max who passed away much too young.

It has been a year of incredible highs and incredible lows. There is a lot of 2011 I wouldn't trade for the world, and a few things I'm gladly leaving behind. I think the biggest lesson of this year has been the importance of friendship. Family is number one and always will be, but true friendship should never be underestimated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...