Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Ran A Mile

That's right. I ran a mile. No walking. And I actually enjoyed it.

I haven't said anything because someone might get the silly notion to hold me accountable to the goal, but I'm planning to run another half-marathon in March. So I started running again a few weeks ago. It's actually gone really well. Surprisingly, I've done better at keeping my weight up since I started (not sure if that's because I'm hungrier or building muscle mass back up, but whatever). I feel better too.

But back to this mile. Honestly, the first 400 yards pretty much sucked. But then I got a good pace going and it was really alright. Took me 11 minutes and 20 seconds, which I think is pretty good for not having run in quite a long time. I have a lot more work to do before I can run more than a mile (consecutively, anyway, I've been alternating running with walking because overall I'm more concerned with distance than non-stop running)

And it completes 101 in 1001 goal number 8, which was really looking pretty unattainable for a while there!

2 comments:

Marti Kubena said...

Congratulations!!!!! And so glad you learned from my mistake of advertising it!

Karen said...

Good for you! I use the Jeff Galloway method for my training and have found it much easier to keep going. It will get easier and BTW way to go on keeping your weight up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...