Monday, September 12, 2011

10 Months!


Another month has come and gone!

I have my scale back now and Secora's weighing in somewhere between 17#8oz and 17#13oz depending on the day. Either way, that's not really enough weight gain compared to her 8 month weight (the last one on my scale). It's enough of a gain to not be concerning if everything else was normal, but with not eating, it's worth keeping an eye on.

She has finally decided she's at least interested in eating. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week she will voluntarily open up for a taste of something. That's made it more clear that she has some trouble with having most foods in her mouth though. If she licks at something the texture of ice cream or pudding, she's pretty okay, but if any "chunk" of it gets in her mouth, she starts gagging. Bites of actual solids are completely out of the question. It's like she WANTS to eat and her body just won't cooperate. Because of the weight gain, I'm going to go ahead and take her back to the doctor today and see if we can go ahead and get the prescription for occupational therapy. I figure it will take a while to get in, so we might as well get started now because I'm pretty sure we're going to need it.

Developmentally, she's doing great. She crawls everywhere now, nothing is safe! She gets herself into a sitting position with no trouble at all and pulls up on everything. She has made progress cruising once, but hasn't really tried it again. She figured out how to open both hands at once and really clap and does it at appropriate times.
She babbles lots of sounds, but still no actual words beyond mama and dada. She growls at people when she's mad, but then she's my daughter, so that's not really too surprising.

She wakes up several times a night (understandable with the eating situation), but goes back to sleep easily.

She's trying to join in on her sister's games now and dissolves into adorable giggle fits when they include her.

We still aren't sure what color her hair's going to end up being. There is definitely the red tinge to it still, but when the sun hits it, it looks blonde. Sedona's hair started out dark and grew in lighter (she had black tips with blonde roots for the longest time) and it almost looks like the same thing is happening. Her eyes are still looking like that newborn blue color, but I still think they'll change later on like Sierra's did.

She's my little snuggle bug. Most of the time when I hand her over to anyone else, she velcros herself on to me and has to be peeled off. She doesn't cry, it's just like she's thinking, "but why would momma EVER want to put me down??" At night, she often crawls up and lays her head on my shoulder when she first goes to sleep. This sweet season of my life is coming to an end, so I'll take all the baby snuggles I can get!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...