Monday, July 11, 2011

Check In: 2011 Goals

I forgot to post the 6 month update on my 2011 goals! So here we go:

Save at least 10% of our income (also 101 in 1001 goal #47): I want to put aside at least 10% of this year's gross salary in emergency fund cash. This one got all sorts of tricky to calculate with the impending job change! I did take the time to update it though, and we've put aside 9.7% of this year's income so far. With the Aug. 1 paycheck, we will hit 10%.

Complete 12 sewing projects throughout the year: This one is still looking pretty grim. I made the kindle cover (incorrectly) and had to ditch it. I helped Sierra sew a bag for her book club. I finished the full size quilt, and I FINALLY sewed a sea turtle patch on Sedona's quilt that was supposed to be done years ago (it was hand sewing, so it totally counts even though it was small). So, I've done 4 things so far. I have another project in mind I'd like to do before we move, but we'll see if I make time for it.

Exercise (also 101 in 1001 goal #8): My goal was to tone up and get over the pregnancy aches and pains without losing weight. Success was to be measured by not throwing my lower back out at any point after March 31, comfortably fitting into my favorite skirts by July 31, and running one mile without stopping at some point before the end of the year. The stomach issues I was having really got in the way of this. The limits on what I could eat made it hard to keep my weight steady for a while. I'm holding steady now and feel like I can now take in the calories to off-set exercise, so I've JUST started doing a little jogging. Sierra and I are going to do the couch-to-5K together and completed the first day on Saturday.

Work my Brain (also 101 in 1001 goal #12): My goal was to accumulate all 75 continuing education hours (CERPs) I need to recertify my IBCLC. I've gathered all of my certificates for everything I had already done and that totals 37.25 CERPs. I completed the GOLD conference, which earned me 22 CERPs for a total of 59.25 so far. I still need to apply for credit for the class I teach, which I expect to earn me somewhere between 20 and 40 CERPs. That will get me to 75, but 5 of those must be ethics related, so I will probably still need to do a run through of the ethics class on Health-E-Learning.


I think I'm doing pretty well for being half-way through the year! Posting here and making it public has definitely helped keep me honest and committed!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...