Friday, June 3, 2011

New Feature

I'm adding a new feature to the blog! I created a map showing each place we've visited on one of our road trips. If you zoom in and click on any of the pink markers, a picture of our visit will come up and under the picture is a link leading you directly to my blog post about that trip. The blue markers are places we stopped, but I didn't blog about. I haven't added any travel Josh and I did before the girls came along. These are only the "with kids" trips. I'm really excited about this and plan to keep it up to date as we travel more. I think this will be a great way for my readers who are primarily interested in road-tripping with kids to easily look back about how we covered these miles with small children and what activities we enjoyed along the way.


View Family Road Trips in a larger map

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very cool, but I feel like Bryan needs a big star with HOME next to it. :P

The Hills said...

LOL I tried changing it to a house symbol, but it didn't really show up well ;-)

Brandy said...

Very cool! But, sooo...how long did this take you to do? I don't think I have the patience to sit down and do this LOL!

The Hills said...

Hmm......hard to say. I had a few false starts. When I first had the idea, I started working on my own clickable map before I realized I could do this with google. Then I tried putting in the routes we drove also, but that made the "directions" so long that everything didn't show up on the map at once...it would kick part of it to a "page 2" and you had to click that to see the other locations, so I scrapped that idea too. Once I settled on this, it really didn't take that long, but I knew exactly what month/year to look in the blog for each post and where to find the pictures on picassa to embed. Actually, I probably spent the most time getting sidetracked re-reading my old posts, and then looking around at other trips we could take LOL

Rhea said...

This is a really great idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...