Monday, June 6, 2011

Hello Spring!

In Montana, it even snows in the summer!
Okay, not really. It's just the cottonwood trees that have started to put out their fuzz. Over the next couple of weeks, there will be a lot more than this. You can watch it drift through the air and it collects on the ground. Here it is fuzzing out on the tree:
We are having a "warm snap". Actually, the temperatures are just where they're supposed to be for this time of year, but the weather has been crazy here...colder than normal with a lot of rain. We're getting 3 days of warmth and sun and then it's supposed to be back in the low 60's with more rain for the rest of the week. So we've been taking advantage of the nice weather while we can. Yesterday we went for a long walk and checked out all the new flowers that are out.

The peonies have put out buds and the ants are coming out to get the sweet syrup off them
I have no idea what this is, but I thought it looked neat
All the lilacs are in bloom. We have dark purple, white and every shade of lavender in between. There are so many around here in full bloom that just walking down the street almost anywhere in town it smells like lilacs
Also not sure what this pretty white flower with pink stripes is. A type of lily?

The irises are blooming too

When I got home, I played around with this picture in photoshop, just because I can

Here's one that not quite ready to open yet

I have no idea what these are or what they'll look like when they're open, but I bet they'll be showy and pretty!
Also don't know what these are (are you noticing a theme?)

Okay, still don't know what these are, but at least I have an idea! They look like some sort of onion family plant/bloom to me

And this was my favorite picture from the walk, more white lilac flowers

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Wow... is the picture deceiving or is the cottonwood that prevalent there? I think that's one of the few things me and my dad are really really allergic to! Not much around here, but I can tell when they are blooming (is it even called blooming?). Anyway, if they are that prevalent there guess its a good thing I don't live there after all. ;)

The Hills said...

No, there are cottonwoods EVERYWHERE here. The pic is under the tree, but within a couple of weeks it will look like snow flurries at times b/c there's so much in the air.

Susan said...

Wow, it still snows! I'm such a weakling to the cold.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...