Well, goal #71 on my 101 in 1001 list turned out a little differently than I expected. I had planned to make a cover for my Kindle because I couldn't find one that had the features I wanted at a price I could accept paying.
But in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a cover with money I'd gotten for my birthday (and held onto for a month and a half because I'm cheap like that). I ended up getting the Speck DustJacket*, though I got the black "leather" version instead of the red one. So far it's worked fine and my only complaint is that there is no clasp to keep it closed, but I plan to just use an elastic headband or big rubber band for that. I had already bought the M-Edge Kindle light* back at Christmas time (the version I have isn't available anymore, but there is an updated one) and I've been very happy with it, but the M-Edge covers each had a feature or two I wanted without putting them all in one product and I didn't want to spend so much to get something I didn't really want. My light does fit on the new cover okay, but it's not ideal. If I were buying both products at once, I'd stick with one company for both so they were more compatible.
Since my Kindle now has a cover and that was the spirit of the goal, if not the letter of it, I'm going to call this one completed!