Monday, June 13, 2011

Cheater Sopapillas

One night last week, we had homemade Tex-Mex for dinner and I decided we needed dessert to go along with it.

I went with quick and easy "cheater" sopapillas:

Mix up some sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. I don't ever measure a certain amount, I just use what looks good
Mix them together
Then cut some flour tortillas into quarters
Pour enough vegetable oil in a pan until it's about 1/2" deep and heat over medium-high heat
Once it's hot, put in one piece of tortilla (it should sizzle and bubble as soon as you put it in)
When it starts to brown on the edges, turn it over to fry the other side
Take the tortilla out of the oil and put it on a paper towel to drain
While it's still warm, dip the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar and be sure to cover the whole thing
I usually stack them up on a plate in a slightly warm oven or in the microwave so they don't cool off while I'm frying the others. Drizzle honey on top and serve warm!

1 comment:

Heather said...

YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...