Monday, May 2, 2011

Ummm What? Really?

I have a fear of toasters. Go ahead, get your laughs out. Yes, I'm afraid of toasters. And Jack-in-boxes. And latex balloons. WHY? Because you KNOW the toast is going to pop up, Jack will spring out of the box and the balloon will pop. It WILL, it's a given. You just don't know WHEN. So you get more and more and more amped up and just when your veins are all pumped full of adrenalin...BAM! And you jump 10 feet in the air and I just don't like that feeling.

This news of Osama Bin Laden being killed is very new. I haven't quite wrapped my head around it yet, so I'm sure I'll have more (and more eloquent) things to say later. For now though, the whole situation is a big toaster to me. I'm fairly confident retaliation is in the works. Or was preemptively planned and has now been set in motion. Despite my usual peacenik leanings, I think he deserved to die. I'm glad he did. But when and where is the toaster gonna pop?

1 comment:

MoJoMama said...

Yeah, the whole retaliation thing is what had me worried. That was one of the first things that we were talking about when we found out. Yes, I agree that if anyone was deserving of being killed it was him, but what's next? Who's next? Justice had been served, but I'm waiting for the toaster to pop, and I'm not gonna lie, it makes me nervous. This is what my eye for an eye fb status was meaning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...