Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Mother's Day

Mother's Day is usually a pretty laid back affair around here, which is just fine by me. On Saturday, the local grocery store had a little deal going...kids could come in and decorate a cake, pick out a flower and get a card for their mom for $5. So Josh took the big girls and they were so proud of themselves for making goodies for me

Josh had also ordered me violets. He knows cut flowers kind of annoy me. They're pretty and everything, but then they just die and it seems like a waste of money (especially at holiday prices), so he always picks potted plants. Apparently it was supposed to be delivered Friday (his tracking number said the box was out for delivery) and when it didn't show up, he was pretty ticked. Saturday morning he told me I was supposed to have gotten flowers and he was gonna have to call and complain to the company. Then FedEx showed up around lunchtime with my flowers. Only a few blooms are open, the rest need a few more days, but they're so pretty!

On Sunday, we just hung around the house and I played MUCH more farm town than I usually allow myself. Secora's going to be 6 months this week and we decided to go ahead and try some solid food with her. She was NOT impressed. We tried out sweet potatoes (I could do a whole post on reasons why, but the short story is breastfed babies are already accustomed to very sweet "food", most grains are much more allergenic than most veggies, and sweet potatoes are about as calorically dense as breastmilk). We'll give it a few more tries, but she may be putting off the solid foods for a couple more weeks.

Hope all you moms out there had a blissfully boring day full of relaxation!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...