Monday, May 2, 2011

I got nuthin'

I thought I would get my thoughts together and write more about this whole Osama Bin Laden news. But I don't have a whole lot. When I woke up this morning and started checking the news and the blogs, I found a lot of what I wanted to say is already being said. I don't think I have anything to add. I'm very disappointed in a lot of what I'm seeing (mainly on facebook/twitter) and encouraged by some of it. I think a post on Christine's blog actually meshes the best with how I feel at the moment. Along with a tweet by a friend of mine:
I'm tired of the self righteous anti-war crap. And I'm tired of the ignorant "wrap him in bacon" crap. Please pass the sanity.
That about sums it up. The extremism is wearing on me. A lot.

I haven't had much else to post about because I am "attending" the GOLD 2011 conference. It's an online breastfeeding conference hosted by Health-E-Learning. I'm really enjoying it so far. The technology works well and the speakers have been fabulous. It would have cost me A LOT more money to attend a conference in person that had so many wonderful educational opportunities. I'm also enjoying the international aspect. I've learned a lot about how things are done in different countries and different parts of the US. No one paid me anything to say so, I just bought my own ticket and have been impressed with what I'm getting for my money. For what it's worth, I have also enjoyed the Health-E-Learning courses that are available, but I have not taken any in several years.

1 comment:

Big Fat Gini said...

I had a post written for yesterday and just decided to let it go. There are plenty of people out there much more articulate than I am when it comes to this stuff, so I just choose to leave it to them.

Unfortunately, it seems like it's never the sane people that receive the attention. Here's hoping that it all dies down soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...