Monday, April 4, 2011

Preview

I felt too dopey today to do much of anything, but I do have pictures from the trip ready for blogging, I just need to actually write a post. In the meantime, here's a preview. This is the North Window in Arches National Park at sunset (stitched together from several pictures I took. Click on it to see it bigger.)

My EGD went well. Versed is some weird stuff. I'm not fond of missing a chunk of my life. I keep reminding myself of what happened, but the first 10 minutes or so after they gave me the versed are pretty much gone, which I don't like. The doc found what he described as mild gastritis and esophagitis (I saw the pictures and indeed, it didn't look too terribly bad, just all red). Obviously, having any inflammation at all after nearly 2 months on 60mg a day of PPIs isn't a great thing, but at least there wasn't anything horrible in there. No ulcers or anything, which is good. He took biopsies which I should get the results of at my follow up appointment next Monday. I'm guessing the result is gonna show H. pylori infection, but who knows. For what it's worth, an EGD isn't so bad, but the numbing your throat part pretty much sucks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...