Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unintended Goal Attainment

I unintentionally accomplished goal #10 on my 101 in 1001 list last night. Goal #10 is to sleep 8 hours straight. I put that one on there as a joke because I have a baby, and as anyone who's truly "slept like a baby" knows, that means I've been waking up several times a night for a few months now. I figured about a year from now, I would get a full night's sleep. We've done this twice before, no biggie.

Around 11 last night, I nursed Secora one last time and laid her down next to me to sleep. Next thing I knew, it was 7:30 and she was still snoozing. She didn't actually wake up until 8:15. I had to double check with Josh that I didn't somehow sleep through her waking up at some point. He said he was going to ask me the same thing. Now, the night before was a particularly wakeful night for her (she was up almost every hour and much more crying than typical was involved), so I'm thinking she was just really tired and this was a fluke, which is fine by me. I actually kinda prefer at least one night waking...after she nursed this morning, I still pumped 3 ounces (which is unheard of for me), I was not exactly comfortable.

So, completely unexpectedly, one more goal down, 98 to go!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! I bet you felt pretty refreshed aside from the need to pump. What a nice little surprise.

The Hills said...

Yeah, I don't think I've had this much energy since about March of last year LOL

Carolyn said...

Like!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...