Saturday, January 29, 2011

Paging IT

About a week ago, my computer plug stopped working right. Now, the battery had already pretty much died about a year ago, so without a plug, the computer won't work. And I need the computer to blog facebook look up homeschool materials. (In all seriousness, I do look up something homeschool related virtually every day, but I'm also home alone with 3 small children every day and believe me, if I didn't connect with other moms who really "get" that, no one would want to be around me).

So, I spent a week jiggling the cord every time my computer claimed it was unplugged and it was getting worse and worse and I just knew it was going to shut down on me without warning one day. Last night, Josh fixed the cord by splicing the plug from another cord we weren't using onto the end. I can't tell you how he did it, because I have no idea what was involved. That's what I got married for...free computer tech.

No wait, love. I got married for love.

And the computer tech (and cheap household and car repairs).

But mostly the love.
It ain't pretty, but it works wonderfully and it was free.

2 comments:

Crissy said...

I have a hair dryer that looks like that. Probably wasn't the safest thing and definitely not salon material, but it was free. And it dried my hair.

I also married for love! *wink wink*

Marti Kubena said...

I pretty much love all parts of this post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...