Monday, January 3, 2011

More Quilts

My sister-in-law (well, my brother-in-law's wife, I guess, but that's too long to type, even though I just did) made a quilt for each of the girls soon after they were born. Secora's quilt showed up at Christmas and it did not disappoint. I think her's is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, they're all gorgeous, but I love blues and greens, so this one particularly speaks to me. I love the pattern too. And that dark blue fabric has swirls through out it and just might be my favorite fabric...ever. It's one of those fabrics I would love to have, but would be hard pressed to ever use because I'd be paranoid about cutting it or making a project that didn't do it justice.

But back to my sister-in-law and her quilts. She's been doing this MUCH longer than I have. My sewing is so much better than it was when I first started, but then I look at her piecing and quilting and realize how much more practice I need! I'll get there eventually, each thing I make is better than the last. Here are all three girls with their quilts.

Sierra and Sedona's are well loved and still look fabulous. They take them on almost every trip and play with them daily. Those quilts have been caves, sleds, lakes, fire, and anything else they can come up with. I would never dream of asking someone to undertake this much work, but I'm so thankful my girls have been gifted such wonderful keepsakes that they obviously adore.

And while we're here, more pictures of the sisters

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...