Friday, January 28, 2011

50 questions answers

Number 91 on my 101 goals list is to answer the 50 questions that will free your mind. Let's get started, shall we?

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? At this moment in time, I think I feel about 35 or 40, but that's because I haven't recovered from the pregnancy yet. I would like to be perpetually 25...old enough to make my own rules, young enough to have energy to do whatever I want.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? I suppose the PC answer is "never trying", but failing can really really suck sometimes. I think there are a few things where the chance of success doesn't outweigh the potential hurt of failure. There are plenty of others that will eat away at your soul if you never give it a shot.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Money. So much of this is tied to money. We have to do what we don't like to get the money we need to maintain the social standing we think we ought to have. Or, we do what we don't like because we're afraid we won't be able to meet our necessities if we don't.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Unfortunately, yes. I feel like there are about 100 years worth of stuff I still want to do and I don't have 100 years left. I'm trying my best to stop worrying what other people think and do what's right for me and my family though.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? All the hate. There is so much animosity directed at so many people for so many reasons.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Umm...is there a traveling the world with my family job? If we're going with actual work, I'd vote for being an assistant for a home birth midwife

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I'm doing what I believe in and it's hard and I second guess myself at least 3 times a week

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I'd let the student loans default, work odd jobs for cash under the table and travel

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Seeing as how nothing horribly tragic that was out of my control has happened to me or my loved ones, I've totally controlled it. I haven't always liked the outcome (or the options I had to choose from for that matter), but I made the choices

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Depends on what we're talking about. I get easily sucked into society's idea of "what's right" or the "right" order to do things

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I let them know they're off base

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Laugh. Even when you don't feel like it

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Save them from what? To save their life...absolutely

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Uh, no, not really. I have seen "a little off" turn into "bat shit crazy", does that count?

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I'm often singing a song in my head and also doing some sort of math problem (song about 95% of the time, math about 50%...they often overlap)

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because our experiences shape who we are and everyone has had different experiences.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Visit all 50 states. Money.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Most definitely (and I ain't sharing it here)

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Texas, because it's home.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Nope and nope. In fact, I saw a special about elevators on Nova or something and they said the "close doors" button never works on elevators....only there to give you the perception of having some control.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? To be perfectly blunt, I'm living out the worried genius part and the stomach pains, headaches and insomnia are a bit much, but I like being able to figure things out quickly and remember them with little effort.

22. Why are you, you? Because I have done what I've done and assimilated the consequences into myself and used them to make future choices.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Recently, yes. Pre-college days, not so much.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Moving away...it's more a forced situation. Losing touch when you're still close by is a choice. Even if the other person pulls away first, you make the choice whether to pursue the friendship or not. If your friend moves, there's not much you can do about it though.

25. What are you most grateful for? That's a pretty tall order. There's a lot I'm grateful for and it's hard to decide on ONE thing at the top of the list. I'm gonna say Joshua...I think it's safe to say I'd be living a VERY different life right now if it weren't for him and aside from the obvious stuff, he's been a very calm, stable influence on me.

That's all for now! The other 25 will come later!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...