Monday, January 10, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 10

Day 10 is Favorite Girls Night Out Events

As I start this post, it occurs to me that I've never taken pictures at one of our mom's night outs!

So, 10 years ago, I could afford to have a favorite event, but I think any kid-free night out is a treat these days, doesn't matter too much what it is! Book club, where there's always a few desserts to munch on and our brains get a workout, is always good. Equally good is dinner at a Mexican restaurant with plenty of margaritas while we vent to each other about a stressful week. And you can never overlook just getting together at the house of which ever mom is solo parenting while her husband's on a business trip to share food, laughter, more food, more laughter, and a few bottles of wine. Then there's the lunch date instead of night out because sometimes it's just easier to grab a kid-free moment for an hour during the day than to sneak out of the house right before, during, or after the bedtime hub-bub. The thing is, it doesn't so much matter what you DO as WHO you do it with. I've definitely found the group of ladies I fit in with for that (and hope to get back to them soon!)


2 comments:

MJ said...

I agree that almost any situation can turn into a fabulous night with the right girls :) I love a margarita night though, so fun!

Kit said...

I agree with you! The girls are really who make the night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...